After a long, hard-fought legislative session defending LGBTQ+ rights and fending off discriminatory bills, we’re excited to celebrate and be in community with our LGBTQ+ friends and allies at several Pride events taking place this summer.
ACLU of Idaho staff will be attending Pride events across the state and we invite you to swing by our booth to connect with us and learn how you can join the fight in protecting LGBTQ+ communities.
The ACLU works to ensure that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Idahoans can live openly without discrimination and enjoy equal rights, personal autonomy and freedom of expression and association. Pride events provide an opportunity to uplift and celebrate the LGBTQ+ communities across Idaho and serve as demonstrations of our legal rights to be our truest selves. Simply put, Pride is protest.
Join us at the Pride festivals and events listed below.
- June 1 – North Idaho Pride Alliance: Pride in the Park – Coeur D’Alene City Park, Coeur D’Alene, 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM
- June 8 – Magic Valley Pride Festival – Twin Falls City Park, Twin Falls, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- June 14 &15 – Boise Pride Festival – Cecil D. Andrus Park, Boise, 4:00 – 10:00 PM (6/14), 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM (6/15)
- June 15 – Alt-Pride Boise – Julia Davis Park, Boise 12:00 – 4:00 PM
- June 29 – Idaho Falls Pride- This is Me! – Idaho Falls River Parkway (Along the Greenbelt, just north of the farmer’s market), various locations, Idaho Falls, 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- July 13 – Celebrate Love 2019 – Pioneer Park, Lewiston, 4:00 – 9:00 PM
- August 24 – Palouse Pride 2019 – East City Park, Moscow, 11:30 AM – 4:00 PM
This year we have also teamed up with Add the Words Idaho and the Intermountain Fair Housing Council to hold two “community open house” events in Twin Falls (6/7) and Pocatello (6/28). We are still finalizing the details of these events amd will post updates this page and share via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Follow us today!
Feel Free to reach out to ACLU of Idaho Community Engagement Manager Jeremy Woodson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering or have questions about Pride events around Idaho.